Sunday, July 15, 2012

Official Haiti Update


Dear friends,
I hope everyone is having a great summer! I wanted to take a few moments and send a Haiti update to my wonderful supporters. In the next couple of weeks I am wrapping up my teaching job, which is a bittersweet step in this journey. I will spend August fundraising, planning for the mission field and spending time with loved ones. Then, in September I plan on attending the Mission Training Institute in Colorado. My training will provide preparation for entering a new culture and language acquisition techniques. After my time in Colorado, I will head to Haiti in early October, Lord willing. 

I am excited to join the Haitian American Friendship Foundation in Bohoc, Haiti. I have been in communication with the  staff over the last few months to work out my roles while at HAFF. Primarily, I will assist teaching English at the secondary school as well as working with the various non-formal programs. 

My specific departure date for Haiti will depend upon my fundraising goals. Currently, I have a long way to go but I serve an equally large God. I am confident in the promises God has spoken to me. I am holding onto the words of Paul in 2 Corinthians
"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." - 2 Corinthians 1:20-22
All funds raised up to this point are a blessing from the Lord, He has done so much. I am grateful for the love shown by the body of Christ, so many of you are making this journey possible. In my worry and stress, I am able to cling not only to God but also to yourbelief, hope and love. I receive encouraging texts, emails, facebook posts and calls almost daily, each one puts a smile on my face!

I would ask that you continue to join me in prayer over God's plan. Please pray for the country of Haiti and the work of HAFF in the Central Plateau. Please be in prayer that I would use this season of preparation wisely. In addition I ask that you pray for my fundraising efforts; specifically, that God would move hearts and break down barriers. Prayers that opportunities to share my story and my mission field would open up.  If you would like to donate, you can do so directly at this link "Donate". A monthly commitment can also be made here. If you wish to send a check, they can be written to HAFF and marked "April Lambiotte Support". 
HAFF
P.O. Box 3421
North Ft. Myers FL 33918

Thank you so much for being a part of my journey! Please know that I consider it a privilege to have each of you in my life. I am strengthened by all of your stories. Feel free to email me anytime a.m.lambiotte@gmail.com. I would love to meet with you, or your small group anytime and share my heart for Haiti. In the meantime, I will continue to update my blog right here!

God Bless,
April Lambiotte

No comments:

Post a Comment