Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Newsletter

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I want to take some time to share with you where God is leading myself and the Haitian American Friendship Foundation in Haiti. I am so excited to share the news that I have raised the support needed to attend Mission Training International in Colorado. I will spend September 10th-October 12th in valuable cross-cultural studies and learning language acquisition techniques. I know that God has a plan for this time and I ask for your prayers as He prepares my mind and heart to serve Him in Haiti.

After my return from MTI, I hope to leave for Haiti as soon as possible. Currently, I do not have a departure date set. As it stands I have not raised the financial support to enter the mission field with the Haitian American Friendship Foundation (HAFF). Along with the HAFF staff and board of directors, I have been able to revise my budget. After re-working some numbers, my monthly budget is approximately $1,800. I hope to raise support for at least nine months, in order to be in Haiti through the school year.

I come to you asking for your deepest prayers as the Father fulfills His plans for my life. In surrendering to His call to be a missionary I am learning so much about trust and hope. The process of giving up control to Him is stretching but oh so rewarding.

Haiti and the town of Bohoc have the potential to be and amazing tool for Christ. Currently, HAFF is going though many staff changes and an immense amount of responsibility has fallen on a few people. God knew these changes were coming and He has a plan to rejuvenate the ministry. For reasons that are still beyond me, the Lord has chosen me to be a tool for Him in Bohoc, this call a blessing. This amazing place has fought voodoo and is spiritually healthier than it was before HAFF arrived, but there is still much work to be done. Already HAFF and other ministries in Bohoc are reaching beyond their gates to improve the region, but I desire to see it go further. From schools, to medical clinics, to orphanage revivals, change can happen in Central Haiti. When the body of Christ joins together in community with one purpose, nothing is impossible.

I ask you to meet me in prayer. Prayer support is what makes this journey and life possible. Scripture tells us in Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.“ Please pray that God would provide and the flood gates of provision would open. I ask that you pray over the plans God has for me in Haiti. I also ask that you pray for HAFF and all God has planned for it. Haiti is a country filled with hope, please pray that her hope and determination would carry Haiti into a bright future. If you would like to contribute, one time donations can be made online at www.haff.org. Follow the prompts “Donate” and “Donate Now“, where you will see my name listed. A monthly commitment can also be made online at the above website. In addition, donations by check can be made to HAFF and marked “April Lambiotte Support”
HAFF
P.O. Box 3421
North Ft. Myers, FL 33918
HAFF is 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization and gifts of support are tax deductible.

Thank you so much for being a part of my team. The life God has called me too would not be possible without the body of Christ partnering with me. I consider myself so lucky to be on this journey and to have such wonderful people walking with me. I will keep you updated here on my blog and you can also check the HAFF blog at: haffdetails.blogspot.com. Please be patient with the HAFF website, it is undergoing a bit of 'construction'. 

Please do not hesitate to email me (a.m.lambiotte@gmail.com) if you have any questions.

Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment