Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Haiti for $25 a month!

I wanted to take a moment and pass along some Haiti updates. I have wrapped up my teaching job and in the next month I'll continue to prepare, support raise and spend time with you! My flight for training at Mission Training international is booked and I'll be in Palmer Lake, Colorado September 10th-October 12th. I know God has a lot in store for this time and I hope to learn as much as I can!

My departure date for Haiti is still not finalized. Currently I have raised enough funds for training, but not much beyond that. After some work with the HAFF staff and board of directors my monthly budget is now roughly $1,800. There are moments when the task before me seems monumental but God leaves me with nothing but confidence in His plan and His power. 

I want to cast my support net as wide as possible. The more people on my team and the more people invested in Haiti, the better. Haiti and the town of Bohoc can grow to do amazing things. The Haitian American Friendship Foundation is going though many staff changes at the moment and an immense amount of  responsibility has fallen on a few people. God knew these changes were coming and He has a plan to rejuvenate the ministry. For reasons that are still beyond me, the Lord has chosen me to be a tool for Him in Bohoc, I consider this call a blessing. This amazing place has fought voodoo and is spiritually healthier than it was before HAFF arrived, but there is still much work to be done. Already HAFF and other ministries in Bohoc are reaching beyond their gates to improve the region, but I desire to see it go further. From schools, to medical clinics, to orphanage revivals, change can happen in Haiti. When the body of Christ joins together in community with one purpose, nothing is impossible. 

There are plenty of ways to get involved. Your prayers are powerful and I feel them. Thank you. There is nothing more important to me on this journey than your committed prayer. After some wise counsel and prayer, I have found a way to cast the support net the way I dreamed of. At a monthly budget of approximately $1,800 and already $350 a month committed, my support needs are $1,450 a month. If just 58 more people commit to $25 a month, then my goals are met. I love the idea of involving and connecting people in a doable way. Some of you might want to commit to less and some of you to more. I trust that the Holy Spirit will lead you in the way God wants you to give, if at all. Regardless, I want you to know these updates and feel informed about this journey. If you are receiving this email then in my 'first batch' of recipients, you are committed to Haiti and invested in my journey and you are the people I want behind me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have no idea how much your prayers have been felt. If you do feel led to give, here is the link to donate and set-up reoccurring monthly donations (or one time donations): Donate to HAFF (Missionary Support: Lambiotte). To set-up a reoccurring donation you will need to set up a profile. HAFF is a 502(c)(3) organization and all gifts are tax deductible 

Thank you so much for being a part of my team. The life God has called me to would not be possible without the body of Christ partnering with me. I consider myself so lucky to be on this journey and to have each of you with me. You can check my blog for updates and you can also check the HAFF blog at: www.haffdetails.blogspot.
com (the HAFF website, www.haff.orgis going through some changes at the moment, so please me patient with us).

Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment