Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm learning.
Specifically, I am learning how to let myself be loved.
How to be valued by another person.

I love others deeply. I value other people with everything in me. I love community.

I don't see value in myself. This essentially means that I don't see value in God's creation.

I have taken for granted the people who genuinely value having me in their life. I'm having a hard time believing that statement is true.

I didn't realize until recently that this is a serious struggle for me. A couple specific situations opened my eyes to how I see myself.

I see myself as a tool to be used. I like it this way. I like getting things done.
I don't view myself as an asset.

God doesn't create tools. He can do this job on His own. He creates souls who are assets to His kingdom. He shapes us and puts value in us.

I am valuable.
People want to love me.

You are valuable.
People want to love you.


It's a hard pill to swallow.
It feels weird {even egotistical}.
I'm working on it.
Maybe we all should.

Let people LOVE you.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post! I definitely struggle with those issues too! You are valuable to me!

    ReplyDelete